Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ask Wifezilla: Cabbage Noodles Too Crunchy

Question: When you use cabbage in the place of noodles.. like in lasagna or a casserole, do you cook them first? I made a casserole type dish last night and just threw everything on top of rough chopped green cabbage and baked it at 350 for about half an hour (the chicken sausage I was using was fully cooked) and it was really tasty, but the cabbage stayed pretty crunchy. Should I try boiling it first next time?

Answer: You might want to soften the shredded cabbage a bit by frying it in butter for a short time. Cook until it has softened...don't let it get totally soft though. Otherwise the cabbage will get mushy when you bake it.

Ask Wifezilla includes direct questions to me or questioned I have answered in groups or forums. To ask a specific question, send your inquiry to wifezilla at gmail dot com.

No comments: