Monday, November 5, 2007

Low Carb can Prevent Wrinkles

People have turned to low carb diets for their weight loss benefits since the 1800's. In our modern, youth centered society, there is yet another reason to consider a low carb diet...to prevent wrinkles.

It is already known that sugar and easily digestible carbohydrates can cause weight gain, feed cancer cells, cause type 2 diabetes (as well as heart disease and possibly dementia), but now the British Journal of Dermatology has added dry, saggy, wrinkled skin to the list of sugar's evils.

What happens when you ingest sugars or carbs is that they attach to proteins in your body and form what are called AGES (Advanced Glycation End productS). The more sugar and carbs you eat, the more AGES you produce. AGES destroy your skin's collagen and elastin, which leaves your skin looking old.

AGES are also tied to other problems, including eye damage in diabetics and atherosclerosis lesions. But if destroying you on the inside isn't enough of a motivation for you to quit the sugar habit, having your face look like a prune might get you to consider a low carb lifestlye.

For more information...
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2007/11/02/health.for.her.sugar.wrinkles.cnn
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21257751/
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/11/01/hfh.sugar.skin

2 comments:

Low Carb Diet Recipes - Healthy Women Blog's said...

[...]There are plenty of information and tips about the low carb diet recipes. No matter what sources of information or tips you choose you need to always keep in your mind that the low carb diet recipes should consist of healthy and match with your diet plan[...]

Unknown said...

I’m already at my late 40’s when I started using SP Beauty Lift Wrinkle Serum. Everyone who sees me tells me that I look younger! They even asked me if I had a face lift, because the wrinkles on my face just disappeared! I really love this product so much that I also tried using the other SP beauty products.
I recommended it to all my friends and relatives. It really gave me the confidence that I needed, especially now that I’m in my 40’s! http://if1s.com?131