Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More Evidence That Low Carb Helps Fight Cancer

From a study at the Duke University Medical Center...

"The team compared tumour growth in 75 mice that were eating either a low-carbohydrate diet, a low-fat but high-carbohydrate diet, or a Western diet, high in fat and carbohydrates.

The mice that ate a low-carbohydrate diet had the longest survival and smallest tumour size, Freedland said.

"Low-fat mice had shorter survival and larger tumours while mice on the Western diet had the worst survival and biggest tumours."

Science Daily
Hindu Times
US News

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read most of your Blog entries! LOL. Not only are your entries' subject of interest to me, they are interesting, and fun to read. I just followed the link from the Active LC forums to here. What really hooked me was the LC Cat diet...which I have been thinking about for our cats.

ANYways, thanks for your blog! Keep it up

Linda said...

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate hearing from my readers :D